Friday, December 2, 2011

nativity finger puppet set

It's officially Christmas season!  Which means that most of my posts for the rest of the month will be about Christmas - Christmas crafts, activities, products, presents, and fun!

One of my favorite Christmas projects I've done lately is this Christmas nativity finger puppet set.

 "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."
Luke 2: 10-12


I made the original for my son for one of his Christmas presents, and then decided to list it in my shop as well.  It's been my best selling product so far!

One of my favorite things about this set is how the stable is also the pouch to hold all the puppets.  Cute and functional!


(Ignore the goopy glue around the magnet here... don't worry, I'm not selling this one.  It was my first attempt and got a little messy!)

These puppets are so fun to make, and a really fun way to tell the nativity story with kids.



"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judæa in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him."
Matthew 2: 1-2
I think the wise men puppets are my favorite.  Don't tell the others.  Maybe it's the bright colors.  Or the glitter.  :)

"And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn."
Luke 2: 7







2 comments: