Monday, September 3, 2012

special day

This past Sunday was a special day for our family.  It was our baby's blessing day!  In some churches, babies are christened or baptized.  In our church, babies are blessed, usually by their fathers.  We were so grateful to have many of our relatives come for the weekend to meet little Sam and be there for our special day!


Some of our family who came.  So glad you could come!



A few months ago, I decided to make him a little outfit for his blessing.  At the time it seemed like a great idea!  I had loads of time!  But you know how these things always go, and of course I was finishing it Saturday night.  But it was finished and ready for his big day!  And in spite of the fact that it was a little big still, I think it turned out pretty well.



I used a Simplicity pattern, and I'm fairly certain whoever designed the pattern thinks all babies have enormously fat legs.  My babies do not... so it was a little big around his scrawny legs.  But he likes to be wrapped up in a blanket anyway, so you couldn't really tell.


Does it get much more precious than that?  A glimpse of heaven right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment