Saturday, July 21, 2012

simple diaper storage box

It's almost time for baby to make his debut, so I've been trying to get all the last minute things ready.  Since the changing table and diaper stacker are in Jack's room (which is not where baby will be sleeping, at least for a few weeks) I figured I needed another place to keep diapers so as not to disturb the toddler with changing the newborn in the middle of the night.

So I found this box lying around the house, and realized it was the perfect size!  It's a computer paper box.  And it just so happens that a box of baby wipes and a whole bunch of diapers fit in there just snugly.


There's still a little bit of room if I want to fit more diapers in, or for when he starts wearing bigger diapers.

Want to make one too?  It's really easy.


Start with a computer paper box (or really any box, depending on the size you want and what you'll be using it for).  On each corner I cut down about a 1/3 of the way, and folded the sides in because it was a bit taller than I wanted.


Use wrapping paper or just colored paper to cover the box.  Mod podge it onto the box, making sure to cover over the top edges.  You can line the inside with paper too if you want, but I was lazy and didn't bother.  You can't see it once it's full anyway.


Add a little flair with ribbon or strips of scrapbook paper to match your nursery.  Fill it up with diapers, wipes, burp cloths, or any other baby care items, and you have a cute little storage box custom made to match your nursery!




1 comment: