Tuesday, July 17, 2012

baby gift sets

As I mentioned before, I've been making lots and lots of receiving blankets, burp cloths, and bibs lately.  And I just finished (or almost finished) a few more sets!  These ones are all for the shop, so I'm excited to get them all listed.

This one is almost matching the one I made for my baby (who could be here any day now! yikes!)


The main difference is that instead of turquoise fabric for the back, I did green so that it could be for a baby boy or girl.  And I did green stitching. 


Isn't this just the cutest fabric?  I absolutely love it.

This one I'm still working on, but I thought I'd share what I've done so far.  It's like the baby girl gift set I already made, but in green and turquoise instead of pink and yellow.  Such a cute pattern!



I've finished the blanket and one of the burp cloths with turquoise fabric on the back and green stitching.  The other burp cloth and at least one of the bibs will have green fabric and turquoise stitching. I think it's going to turn out really cute!

And the last one is a fun, bright pattern for a baby girl gift set.




It seems like most baby items are always in soft pastel colors, which are often incredibly cute, but it's fun to go with bright colors sometimes too!  Babies are actually more drawn to the bright colors anyway because it's easier for them to see the contrast.  So I definitely went with bright on this one - bright pinks, reds, and oranges in a fun heart and flower pattern.

Some of my new baby gift sets are already listed in the shop, and hopefully the rest will be soon!



3 comments:

  1. I love these fabrics! You make so many cute things Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! Especially love the fun colors, instead of the pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The key is definitely finding fun/cute fabrics! The biggest problem is whenever I go to the fabric store, I always want to buy pretty much all of the baby fabric... :)

    ReplyDelete