Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hansel and Gretel finger puppets

I've been working on some new finger puppets based on classic children's stories and fairy tales, and today I present to you: Hansel and Gretel!


The finger puppet set includes Hansel, Gretel, the evil witch, and her candy house.

I had so much fun designing and making this set, especially the adorable clothes for Hansel and Gretel.  I have a special love of German culture, since I speak German (though rather poorly these days) have been to Germany several times, and lived in Austria for a short time, so it was especially fun to make their cute traditional German clothes.  Gretel is wearing a dirndl, a traditional dress, and braids (of course!), and Hansel is wearing lederhosen (which literally means leather pants).  The tiny little patterned detailing on the apron and lederhosen are probably my favorite part.


And of course the witch had to have a hat, stringy hair (made from twine) and a nice wart.


The witch's house is made to look like it has gum balls and candy canes and gum drops and icing.  Delicious!  :)


And it's a pouch to store the puppets in.


And I'm excited to say that the Hansel and Gretel set is now available in the shop!






No comments:

Post a Comment