Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter cupcakes

I feel like I have to start off with a bit of a disclaimer - I am not a cupcake person.  I know they're really popular right now, but I've just never really been a huge fan.  Maybe because (shocking, I know) I don't really like cake that much either.  It has to be just the right cake, or I'd rather eat brownies.

That being said, I needed to make some Easter treats to take to some neighbors, and this was going to be the best, easiest, and cutest option.  So I went ahead and made some cupcakes.  Plus, my husband loves cake, so he was happy.

Chocolate cupcakes with green frosting, green coconut, and M&M eggs

Or flower sprinkles

To dye the coconut, just put some in a plastic bag (I used about 1/2 cup for 2 dozen cupcakes) and add 3-4 drops of green food coloring, and squish it around until all the coconut is green.

Be sure to put the coconut on top of the frosting before the frosting starts to set or harden.  I would frost about a half dozen at a time, then add the coconut.

Oh, and just put a little dab of frosting on the M&M's or Robin's Eggs to get them to stay in place on top of the coconut.
Ta-da!  Easy, cute, and very Eastery!

And because they make me happy, a picture of the pink hyacinths coming up in our yard.  I love spring!!


Update: I recently decided to start a separate blog for recipes and other food/cooking related things. You can see these cupcakes and a whole lot more over on Modern Mommy's Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment