Tuesday, February 7, 2012

elephant army

I finished up a custom order recently for what I decided to call my elephant army!  The customer wanted 30 elephant finger puppets (15 boys and 15 girls) for her daughter's elephant-themed birthday party.  What cute party favors!

Let me tell you, cutting out 60 elephant ears was probably the most tiring part.  I thought, "Oh, 30 puppets isn't that many!" without stopping to remember that every elephant has two ears!  But once I got everything cut out, it was smooth sailing.

Here's all the pieces!  60 body pieces, 30 right ears, 30 left ears, 30 trunks, and 30 pink inner ears for the girls.

My husband said the body pieces looked like a stack of tomb stones.  He's kinda right.

The finished elephant army!!  

I definitely had the "Heffalumps and Woozles" song running through my head pretty much the whole time I was making these.

A happy couple for Valentine's :)


2 comments:

  1. Cute! Great job, Megan! I totally feel ya with cutting out that many tiny pieces. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! Do you get little calluses on your fingers from the scissors like I do? At least the end result is good! haha

    ReplyDelete